Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday Morning Post



Spring continues here in Nova Scotia.....


Wild apple blossoms at the park....


Male Pileated Woodpecker caught our attention at the park.....


Tulips still surviving in our garden due to cool temperatures....


Sophie LOVES this coarse grass....to eat


 A typical spring day in the park....


From my perch at the shop......


Lone sailboat at mouth of Halifax Harbour.....


Lighthouse on McNab's Island at the entry into Halifax by sea........


Same sailboat, different location.....


Fresh fern 'forest'.......


Zooming in on the 'subject'....


Young Birch grove.....


I got this at an auction last week.
I 'googled' the artist and found that she lives in Montreal.
Her name is Rita Briansky and she is 91 years old.
She has shown her work in most large cities in North America,
Europe and Japan.

I found a phone number for her and gave her a call and left a message.
Low and behold the next day she called!
A lovely lady and she was very interested in what painting of hers I had.
I described it and she told me that one was done in the late 60's
and it was called 'Cerise' (shades of red).
She was thrilled to know where it ended up.

It is a wonderful addition to our house.




Related Posts with Thumbnails